Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

As most of you know, I am part of a trio called Maeve.  Rollyn Bornhorst, Courtney Reid and I have been musical partners for a decade.  It took 10 years and 10 albums, to finally get to what I consider to be our best release to date and one of the most satisfying, inspirational, musical and spiritual experiences of my life. 

It's one week away from what is becoming Maeve's busiest time of year.  Also known as, "the most wonderful time of the year".  We are gearing up for many Christmas concerts that will be happening throughout the month of December.  Last year we made a "Maeve dream" come true, but finally recording an album of traditional Christmas hymns as well as 4 original Christmas songs.  These songs of peace, joy, love and ultimately freedom were birthed because of the birth of God himself and remain mysteriously fresh regardless of when they were written.  It is so appropriate the this album was recorded in a barn.  The process of capturing the songs and entering in to their message was joyfully overwhelming.  I'm so glad I got to experience something unforgettable with my 2 musical partners, and life long friends.


Please check your calendar and ours at  www.maevemusic.com, and see if perhaps over the month of December, you could join us as we sing these sacred songs, in a new way.


Also, check out one of the original tunes on the Christmas album, along with a lovely view of my fireplace :)

No comments:

Post a Comment