Monday, March 19, 2012

Just Do It


I am suspended 160 feet above the ground, anchored in on either side by 300-year-old hemlocks in a natural canyon in the White Mountains.
There is a ride before me, a way to get from point A to point B.
I can hear the wind weave it’s way through the landscape I can hear the sound of trickling water from the brook running beneath, carving its way down through patches of snow.
I can see Mt Washington in the distance, and touch the limbs of branches that are only meant for birds to land on.
Adrenline rushes as I step off the platform and embrace an 800 foot ride.
Casting my inhabitions to the wind and trusting in the course that is set before me, I leap.
My only job is to enjoy the ride.  Feel the rush, see the beauty, take it in.
The only thing that will hinder the fullness of this experience is fear and self-consciousness. 

In the words of Nike, “just do it”.



No comments:

Post a Comment